[转] Service...

茶余饭后 Wind from east fish bite least. Wind from west fish bite best

[转] Service...

楼层:#1  帖子xiaolu » 31 5月 2017 09:17

I became confused when I heard the word "Service" used with agencies, etc such as:

Internal Revenue Service

U.S. Postal Service

Telephone Service

Civil Service

Customer Service

Sunday Church Prayer Service

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' a few of his cows.

BAM!!! Now I understand what all those agencies or services are doing.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

帖子: 42626
注册: 17 9月 2013 06:22
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #1
地址: Maple, Vaughan

Re: [转] Service...

楼层:#2  帖子xiaolu » 15 6月 2017 06:23

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is woman giving birth more painful than man getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I now rest my case. Time for another beer (or two), and then maybe a nap.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#3  帖子Jacklee311 » 15 6月 2017 10:39

I am fishing now :fish_move
Jacklee311
Brigadier General (大校/准将)
Brigadier General (大校/准将)

帖子: 515
注册: 13 5月 2016 12:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #1524

楼层:#4  帖子Pungo » 15 6月 2017 14:24

:laugh3
Pungo
General (上将)
General (上将)

帖子: 10124
注册: 17 9月 2013 10:10
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #10
地址: Richmond Hill
称呼: 司令

楼层:#5  帖子边走边钓 » 27 6月 2017 23:11

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
xiaolu @ 周四 6月 15, 2017 6:23 am 写道: I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is woman giving birth more painful than man getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I now rest my case. Time for another beer (or two), and then maybe a nap.
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 16832
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #4
地址: Oakville
称呼: 边部长

楼层:#6  帖子边走边钓 » 27 6月 2017 23:11

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
xiaolu @ 周三 5月 31, 2017 9:17 am 写道: I became confused when I heard the word "Service" used with agencies, etc such as:

Internal Revenue Service

U.S. Postal Service

Telephone Service

Cable/TV Service

Civil Service

City, County & State Public Service

Customer Service

Sunday Church Prayer Service

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' a few of his cows.

BAM!!! Now I understand what all those agencies or services are doing.
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 16832
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #4
地址: Oakville
称呼: 边部长

楼层:#7  帖子xiaolu » 20 10月 2017 07:02

Two men are out ice fishing at their favorite fishing hole, just fishing quietly. Almost silently, so as not to scare the fish, Rick says, "I think I'm going to divorce my wife. She hasn't spoken to me in over 2 months."

Dave continues slowly sipping his drink, then thoughtfully says, "You better think it over. Women like that are hard to find nowadays."
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#8  帖子Beeknight » 20 10月 2017 08:58

:laugh3 :roflmao
Beeknight
Lieutenant General (中将)
Lieutenant General (中将)