BASSCITY pungo   本论坛钓友新手小郭推荐: 新手小郭 Great Life Wellness Centre

[转] Service...

茶余饭后 。。。

[转] Service...

楼层:#1  帖子xiaolu » 31 5月 2017 09:17

I became confused when I heard the word "Service" used with agencies, etc such as:

Internal Revenue Service

U.S. Postal Service

Telephone Service

Cable/TV Service

Civil Service

City, County & State Public Service

Customer Service

Sunday Church Prayer Service

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' a few of his cows.

BAM!!! Now I understand what all those agencies or services are doing.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

帖子: 27293
注册: 17 9月 2013 06:22
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #1
地址: Maple, Vaughan

Re: [转] Service...

楼层:#2  帖子xiaolu » 15 6月 2017 06:23

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is woman giving birth more painful than man getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I now rest my case. Time for another beer (or two), and then maybe a nap.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

帖子: 27293
注册: 17 9月 2013 06:22
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #1
地址: Maple, Vaughan

楼层:#3  帖子Jacklee311 » 15 6月 2017 10:39

I am fishing now :fish_move
Jacklee311
Brigadier General (大校/准将)
Brigadier General (大校/准将)

帖子: 512
注册: 13 5月 2016 12:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #1524

楼层:#4  帖子Pungo » 15 6月 2017 14:24

:laugh3
Pungo
General (上将)
General (上将)

帖子: 7637
注册: 17 9月 2013 10:10
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #10
地址: Richmond Hill
称呼: 司令

楼层:#5  帖子边走边钓 » 27 6月 2017 23:11

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
xiaolu @ 周四 6月 15, 2017 6:23 am 写道: I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is woman giving birth more painful than man getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I now rest my case. Time for another beer (or two), and then maybe a nap.
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 15678
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #4
地址: Oakville
称呼: 边部长

楼层:#6  帖子边走边钓 » 27 6月 2017 23:11

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
xiaolu @ 周三 5月 31, 2017 9:17 am 写道: I became confused when I heard the word "Service" used with agencies, etc such as:

Internal Revenue Service

U.S. Postal Service

Telephone Service

Cable/TV Service

Civil Service

City, County & State Public Service

Customer Service

Sunday Church Prayer Service

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' a few of his cows.

BAM!!! Now I understand what all those agencies or services are doing.
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 15678
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #4
地址: Oakville
称呼: 边部长

回到 自由言论 Off Topic Chat

在线用户