float for canoe/kayak stabilizer

相约钓鱼, 探讨钓技, 结交钓友, 分享渔获 。。。

float for canoe/kayak stabilizer

楼层:#1  帖子Pelm » 24 9月 2013 15:58

Anyone knows where to buy a float as shown http://www.easternmarine.com/5-7-8-x-13 ... oat-orange in Toronto? I am thinking to buy 4 in total, then --> connect 2 with 1" PVC --> connect it with another PVC using a "T" back to a Rod Holder or Flag Holder with adjustable angles as shown in the pictures --> mount on canoe/kayak.

Without shipping fee, the 4 floats only cost us$ 29.84, plus two Rod Holders from Lebaron at $14.94 (can be %15 off now with membership, http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp13/ca ... olders.pdf) each, some PVC from homedepot ~$25, total coat is about $85. With shipping fee, us$34 extra.

If anyone interested to buy the float, we can put the order together.
您没有权限查看这个主题的附件(帖图)。 请先注册并登陆后访问。 谢谢! You have no permission to view this attachment. Please register and sign in. Thank you!
Pelm
Senior Captain (大尉)

帖子: 59
注册: 17 9月 2013 23:36
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #31
地址: Markham

Re: float for canoe/kayak stabilizer

楼层:#2  帖子wenxiuxuan » 24 9月 2013 16:06

问问站长,他上次研究过。
wenxiuxuan
General (上将)
General (上将)

帖子: 10048
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:03
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #3
地址: Richmond Hill

楼层:#3  帖子wetnose » 24 9月 2013 16:12

不过这两个看起来比副司令买的小的多,平衡器还是越大越好吧。不过这个价钱便宜,副司令花了近$300.00.
wetnose
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 19638
注册: 17 9月 2013 10:44
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #12
地址: 16TH & Woodbine, Markham

楼层:#4  帖子xiaolu » 24 9月 2013 16:23

wetnose 写道:不过这两个看起来比副司令买的小的多,平衡器还是越大越好吧。不过这个价钱便宜,副司令花了近$300.00.

嗯, $265+税额=$299. 哈哈.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

帖子: 42636
注册: 17 9月 2013 06:22
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #1
地址: Maple, Vaughan

楼层:#5  帖子wetnose » 24 9月 2013 16:26

我说近300,还真够近的!
xiaolu 写道:

嗯, $265+税额=$299. 哈哈.
wetnose
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 19638
注册: 17 9月 2013 10:44
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #12
地址: 16TH & Woodbine, Markham

楼层:#6  帖子Pelm » 24 9月 2013 16:47

wetnose 写道:我说近300,还真够近的!
xiaolu 写道:

嗯, $265+税额=$299. 哈哈.

Last week, I put one empty car windshield container on each side of a piece wood and tied it to the middle seat of my canoe and reach out about 20" on both sides, it was a big help and I could stand up without a problem. I agree with bigger float, should be more stable. I am trying to find the balance point, with less money.

Considering each windshield container is only 3.74L with roughly 8.2 lbs buoyancy, while each float mentioned has approximate 11 lbs, if I use two, that will be 22 lbs on each side. Thought it should be enough though it looks smaller than 副司令的. The arm of 副司令's stabilizer is 28" in length, I might make mine 36" (can be adjusted a bit with the rod holder). --all in theory, will see in practice.
Pelm
Senior Captain (大尉)

楼层:#7  帖子xiaolu » 24 9月 2013 16:53

Pelm 写道:Last week, I put one empty car windshield container on each side of a piece wood and tied it to the middle seat of my canoe and reach out about 20" on both sides, it was a big help and I could stand up without a problem. I agree with bigger float, should be more stable. I am trying to find the balance point, with less money.

Considering each windshield container is only 3.74L with roughly 8.2 lbs buoyancy, while each float mentioned has approximate 11 lbs, if I use two, that will be 22 lbs on each side. Thought it should be enough though it looks smaller than 副司令的. The arm of 副司令's stabilizer is 28" in length, I might make mine 36" (can be adjusted a bit with the rod holder). --all in theory, will see in practice.

sounds good, and I agree with you, that a DIY one should be possible and much cheaper. And you have the flexibility of making the arms longer or shorter, and using containers with low or high buoyancy, etc...

The SCOTTY-made set that I bought is indeed a bit too expensive, though it looks a bit nicer. The real advantage I see is, the whole thing can be put on (onto the two SCOTTY rod holder bases installed on the yak and onto the two inflatable 'pontoons'), or taken off literally like in 10 seconds
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#8  帖子DIYUSOCCERLO » 24 9月 2013 17:08

Hi LZ,

I have my own 2 Rod Holders(don't know whether they fit my Kayak and also don't know how to install)
Do you thinks I can buy the 2 poles with floats and wonder whether it will fit the holes in my rod holder), Simply to say I have two rod holders only and I need the rest.
Can you tell me how much it will cost me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DYSL
DIYUSOCCERLO
Brigadier General (大校/准将)
Brigadier General (大校/准将)

帖子: 544
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:29
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #5

楼层:#9  帖子xiaolu » 24 9月 2013 17:22

DIYUSOCCERLO 写道:Hi LZ,

I have my own 2 Rod Holders(don't know whether they fit my Kayak and also don't know how to install)
Do you thinks I can buy the 2 poles with floats and wonder whether it will fit the holes in my rod holder), Simply to say I have two rod holders only and I need the rest.

DYSL

Mine is like this:

图片

And I think it is possible you do it yourself/DIY with the rod holders/bases you already have, like perhaps getting some PVC pipes from Home Depot that fit into the holder or the base, and from some online source buy a pair of floats?
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#10  帖子Pelm » 24 9月 2013 17:36

xiaolu 写道:
Pelm 写道:Last week, I put one empty car windshield container on each side of a piece wood and tied it to the middle seat of my canoe and reach out about 20" on both sides, it was a big help and I could stand up without a problem. I agree with bigger float, should be more stable. I am trying to find the balance point, with less money.

sounds good, and I agree with you, that a DIY one should be possible and much cheaper. And you have the flexibility of making the arms longer or shorter, and using containers with low or high buoyancy, etc...

The SCOTTY-made set that I bought is indeed a bit too expensive, though it looks a bit nicer. The real advantage I see is, the whole thing can be put on (onto the two SCOTTY rod holder bases installed on the yak and onto the two inflatable 'pontoons'), or taken off literally like in 10 seconds

Thanks 副司令. I never had or used a rod holder before, so, can only wish the rod holder I will buy has that kind of luxury (on canoe side), will see.
Pelm
Senior Captain (大尉)

楼层:#11  帖子Pelm » 24 9月 2013 17:51

xiaolu 写道:

DYSL

Mine is like this:

And I think it is possible you do it yourself/DIY with the rod holders/bases you already have, like perhaps getting some PVC pipes from Home Depot that fit into the holder or the base, and from some online source buy a pair of floats?

副司令, can your stabilizer's arm be adjusted to different angles? With a rod holder, it should, right?

DYSL, please reference 副司令's answer. And as I know there are 3/4", 1", 1 and 1/4" etc sized PVC, got to have one to fit your rod holders. Many ways to mount rod holders to canoe/kayak. The cost per my estimate is $85 plus shipping fee, which is us$34 for a set of 4 floats or us$46 for a set of 8. Yours should take out rod holder's cost, about $28.
Pelm
Senior Captain (大尉)

楼层:#12  帖子xiaolu » 24 9月 2013 18:33

Pelm 写道:
xiaolu 写道:

DYSL

Mine is like this:

副司令, can your stabilizer's arm be adjusted to different angles? With a rod holder, it should, right?

DYSL, please reference 副司令's answer. And as I know there are 3/4", 1", 1 and 1/4" etc sized PVC, got to have one to fit your rod holders. Many ways to mount rod holders to canoe/kayak. The cost per my estimate is $85 plus shipping fee, which is us$34 for a set of 4 floats or us$46 for a set of 8. Yours should take out rod holder's cost, about $28.

Yes it should (the arm can be put into the rod hold base from a different angle.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#13  帖子xiaolu » 24 9月 2013 18:52

我刚试了一下, 的确是可调整角度, 比如放到后面一点, 这样一来就不会妨碍我PADDLING了:

图片

图片

图片
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#14  帖子wenxiuxuan » 24 9月 2013 18:55

一套8个,这个Kayak长的应该象蜈蚣啦。
wenxiuxuan
General (上将)
General (上将)

帖子: 10048
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:03
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #3
地址: Richmond Hill

楼层:#15  帖子xiaolu » 26 9月 2013 06:32

wenxiuxuan 写道:一套8个,这个Kayak长的应该象蜈蚣啦。

一套8个, 划不动也...哈哈.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#16  帖子Pelm » 26 9月 2013 14:24

xiaolu 写道:
wenxiuxuan 写道:一套8个,这个Kayak长的应该象蜈蚣啦。

一套8个, 划不动也...哈哈.

Yesterday I ordered 4 for my canoe and I will put 2 on each side as shown in the following picture.

Thought if someone else also wants it, we can order together. The 4 floats cost us$29, shipping costs $34 :(

副司令, your stabilizer arm's angle can be adjusted horizontally, which is really good for paddling once you put the far end a bit back. Since canoe is much longer (15'5"), and I will mount the stabilizer behind the middle seat, so, I am more focus on moving the arm vertically, this way, depends on the load, water level, wind etc I wish I can adjust it anytime while I am on water.

A flag pole holder like the one in the picture can be used instead of rod holder that's for sure to be able to adjust vertical level freely, and to take the arm off will be as easy as yours.
您没有权限查看这个主题的附件(帖图)。 请先注册并登陆后访问。 谢谢! You have no permission to view this attachment. Please register and sign in. Thank you!
Pelm
Senior Captain (大尉)

楼层:#17  帖子边走边钓 » 27 9月 2013 00:19

这位仁兄第一张图的那个holder固定的方法很危险啊,塑料canoe的船身很薄,应该是扛不住那个拉力,有可能会把船壁弄破的,如果硬要那么装的话,最好是在里外两边垫上大块厚铝板做垫片。我附上几张我的固定方法没供你参考一下。
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

帖子: 16832
注册: 17 9月 2013 08:15
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #4
地址: Oakville
称呼: 边部长

楼层:#18  帖子xiaolu » 27 9月 2013 05:54

边走边钓 写道:这位仁兄第一张图的那个holder固定的方法很危险啊,塑料canoe的船身很薄,应该是扛不住那个拉力,有可能会把船壁弄破的,如果硬要那么装的话,最好是在里外两边垫上大块厚铝板做垫片。我附上几张我的固定方法没供你参考一下。

你这个DIY"稳定器"当真是做的相.........当........的漂亮啊.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#19  帖子Pelm » 27 9月 2013 12:36

边走边钓 写道:这位仁兄第一张图的那个holder固定的方法很危险啊,塑料canoe的船身很薄,应该是扛不住那个拉力,有可能会把船壁弄破的,如果硬要那么装的话,最好是在里外两边垫上大块厚铝板做垫片。我附上几张我的固定方法没供你参考一下。

边走边钓, excellent work for your canoe stabilizer! I read through your original post of building it up, really cool.

Absolutely agree that "第一张图的那个holder固定的方法很危险", especially the two lower screws right on 薄的塑料船身, thanks for pointing it out. I will do the same way you did, put a piece of wood across, then mount rod holder on top it.

When it's finished, it would look like similar to yours, other than the floats will be 4 in total purchased from east marine mentioned in the beginning.
Pelm
Senior Captain (大尉)

楼层:#20  帖子J阎 » 27 9月 2013 17:48

我就在想如果将两个kayak拿东西固定在一起。或留有一定距离的固定在一起。是不是也会起到平衡器的作用呢?
J阎
Major General (少将)
Major General (少将)

帖子: 846
注册: 17 9月 2013 21:00
Member Number (论坛会员注册序列号): #24
地址: Woodbridge
称呼: AJ

楼层:#21  帖子xiaolu » 27 9月 2013 20:10

J阎 写道:我就在想如果将两个kayak拿东西固定在一起。或留有一定距离的固定在一起。是不是也会起到平衡器的作用呢?

那肯定会起到平衡器的作用, 但是二位的 KAYAK "行动"起来就有会估计不很方便? 哈哈.
xiaolu
Site Admin (站长)

楼层:#22  帖子边走边钓 » 27 9月 2013 21:07

xiaolu 写道:

你这个DIY"稳定器"当真是做的相.........当........的漂亮啊.

司令眼尖啊,连那么隐蔽的推车都看到了,哈哈哈哈。那就第一式吧,老汉推车
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

楼层:#23  帖子边走边钓 » 27 9月 2013 21:10

Pelm 写道:

边走边钓, excellent work for your canoe stabilizer! I read through your original post of building it up, really cool.

Absolutely agree that "第一张图的那个holder固定的方法很危险", especially the two lower screws right on 薄的塑料船身, thanks for pointing it out. I will do the same way you did, put a piece of wood across, then mount rod holder on top it.

When it's finished, it would look like similar to yours, other than the floats will be 4 in total purchased from east marine mentioned in the beginning.

很高兴我的建议被你采用,可以想象的出你是一个很爱动脑,爱动手的DIY高手。祝你好运,做好了也让我一饱眼福。多谢
边走边钓
Grand General (大将)
Grand General (大将)

回到 It's All About Fishin' 钓鱼!

在线用户